Another Great Work from Home: Virtual Assistance Business
For many people, work from home jobs is an ideal solution to have more quality time with their families, to avoid the hassle of commuting, and to somehow decrease other “regular work” expenses like transportation and clothing expenses. And, one of the most popular jobs on the list is the Virtual Assistant jobs.
What exactly is a Virtual Assistant?
A virtual assistant is a person who works from home and provides administrative, creative, and/or technical assistance to his or her clients globally. Now, this industry has become famous because it easily helps a lot of people achieve their work-life balance while becoming an entrepreneur. In addition to that, the business’ service demand stays high, while the startup cost remains low, making it potentially profitable.
There are a lot virtual assistants who work on non-traditional hours; some work for more than 14 hours especially during the beginning stage. The following are the most typical tasks virtual assistants perform:
- Handles inbox
- Sends and answers to emails
- Sets appointments
- Rechecks client’s works
- Does the repetitive task of work
How does it work?
While a “regular” assistant works for one boss only, a virtual assistant can possibly work with a lot depending on the nature of work. However, the number of clients doesn’t really matter; what matters is how a virtual assistant can organize the day to finish all the tasks that has to be accomplished for that certain day, as well as updating the clients about the progress of a certain project and all the other issues.
A virtual assistant starts the day by checking all the tasks that have to be accomplished that are usually being sent through emails. He or she must now plan on how to get the job done within a certain period of time. Some makes a phone call, answers to emails, enters data for his or her clients, and all the other assigned tasks.
What you need to do?
One of the advantages of being a virtual assistant is that you have the chance to decide the type of work you can do. This is because you’re creating a business that’s based on your experiences and skills. The following are some of the few things that you have to do before you decide to become a virtual assistant:
- Analyze previous and current work experiences.
- Assess your skills so you can decide the type of services that you can offer.
- Decide whether you’ll be working on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Write down your goals, hourly rates, the services you’ll offer, and the equipments you’ll need to buy.
How can you get clients?
After determining your skills and the services that you can offer, you’ll now be ready to look for clients. There are different ways that you can do to market your virtual assistant business and get noticed such as the following:
- Join professional organizations or to some network groups to give you the opportunity to build your network and to somehow gain knowledge and skills that might be helpful to your business.
- Tell anyone you know that you’ve already started this type of business so they can possibly recommend you to someone they know.
- Get your name out there by making a website where clients can get you through.
- Register to some online business directories and apply to their virtual assistant job listings.
- Participate in some online virtual assistant networking forums where you can possibly meet a potential client.
Once you’ve acquired your clients and your business is running, you have to remember that you must keep your clients happy by providing them an excellent customer service. If you have to learn new skills to accomplish your goals, then learn it. And if you promise to deliver a certain assignment within a certain period of time, do it. Don’t forget that your good reputation is your most important tool to become a successful virtual assistant. You’ve already made this far so better do your best to keep the momentum going.