The Great Freelance Collaboration Project | Part 1
Let’s face it, even if you have years and years of experience being a Freelancer, you still started somewhere, with a specific job, with certain skills and knowledge, with or without any help from your Freelancer friends or colleagues, and with little to no information about Freelancing at all! That being said, it’s always a nice and rewarding experience to reminisce and look back from where you started, for that was the time you’re most grateful for since you won’t be where you are right now if it weren’t for that particular beginning.
With that, we are proud to present the Great Freelance Collaboration Project. I envision this to be a place where Freelancers from all over the globe can share their experience starting out their careers in Freelancing. That way, newcomers or those who has no idea about Freelancing could be made aware and be inspired by the stories we’ll all be sharing. Mistakes would definitely be made along the way, and that is one key aspect of this aspect that will definitely be of help for other Freelancers, to not experience and make the same mistake.
The idea is simple, and would be much more comprehensive through these steps:
1. Submit “your own” Freelance Story of when you were only starting out as a Freelancer. Casual, strict, top-notch quality, or whatnot, it’ll be definitely accepted by the Freelance Jobs Guru.
2. The aim is to spread the message from the story you’ll be submitting, hence it’s a must that we must first make sure the message comes across.
3. After review, compilation of Freelance Stories would be made every Friday in a form of a post. It would consequently be called “Freelance Friday” from now on and will have its own category here on its own.
4. There’ll be a limit as to the number of stories but the more, the merrier! Don’t worry, we’ll try our best to display your stories for everyone to read. You never know when someone, somewhere out there would be inspired by your Freelance Story and decide to take his shot as a Freelancer only to become successful later.
5. You may ask, “What’s in it for me?”. Well aside from the fact that you will get exposure as a Freelancer, since the Freelance Jobs Guru will be viewed all over the world, you could also provide us a link to your oDesk or Elance profile in the credits on your Freelance Story.
Being labeled as the Freelance Jobs Guru doesn’t necessarily mean that we are the Gurus. What we mean actually is that Gurus are actually the site itself, its community of Freelancers, giving invaluable knowledge and information about Freelance Jobs that would help those who are new, and giving tips and tricks to those who are already veterans in the field. So from this point forward, look at yourself in the mirror and say “I am a part of the Freelance Jobs Guru!”.
This is actually just the Part 1 of the The Great Freelance Collaboration Project Series. We, here at the Freelance Jobs Guru, aim to make the site be a place where Freelancers can share experiences and insights that can be of help to other Freelancers. Help us make that goal come true and start getting involved today!
Photo Credits to: